To follow up to yesterday’s post, I wanted to share some cocktail recipes you could use for your wedding! These are just a few I like, but feel free to use any drink you love!
(Left to Right::Grapefruit Gimlet, Key Lime Margarita and Royal Blush)
Grapefruit Gimlet::A refreshing drink for a beach-inspired wedding
- 1/4 cup Charbay Ruby Red Grapefruit Vodka
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Simple Syrup (see below)
- Ice cubes
- 2 lime slices
Place first 4 ingredients in cocktail shaker; fill with ice. Cover and shake quickly and vigorously for 8 seconds. Strain into 2 Martini glasses. Garnish with lime slices.
Key Lime Margaritas::For the fun & spunky couple
- 1 Key lime (optional), quartered
- Kosher salt (optional) for rims of glasses
- 3/4 cup Cointreau or other orange-flavored liqueur
- 1/2 cup reposado tequila
- 1/2 cup fresh Key lime juice
- 2 teaspoons superfine granulated sugar (optional)
Run a lime wedge (if using) around rim of each of 4 (6-to 8-ounces) glasses. Put salt (if using) on a small plate and dip glasses in salt to lightly coat rims.
Blend liqueur, tequila, juice, and sugar (if using) in a blender until combined. Serve over ice (in coated glasses).
Royal Blush::For a chic & swanky lake shore wedding
- 1 teaspoon cherry purÃ©e (note: recipe below makes 3/4 cup)
- 3 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) vodka
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (3/4 ounce) fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon (1/2 ounce) simple syrup
- 5 fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) dry sparkling wine, such as brut Champagne, chilled
To Make Cherry PurÃ©e:
In a bowl, purÃ©e frozen cherries or all-fruit spread with water. In general: 1 cup of frozen cherries (6 ounces) purÃ©ed with 2 tablespoons of water makes approximately 3/4 cup purÃ©e. To make purÃ©e using all-fruit spread, combine 3/4 cup spread with 3/4 cup water. Any extra can be used to make smoothies or sauce for ice cream.
To Make Cocktail:
Transfer purÃ©e to chilled martini glass. In chilled cocktail shaker, combine vodka, lime juice, and simple syrup. Tear mint leaves in half and add to shaker. Add ice and shake vigorously for 15 seconds. Slowly strain into martini glass without disturbing purÃ©e, then top with sparkling wine and serve.
**All drink recipes from Epicuious.com. Check them out for tons of great drink ideas!
This post was written by jessica