#1 – Who needs a wedding Planner?
The first step to hiring a wedding planner or coordinator, is determining if you need one. As a professional wedding planner, of course I wish I could say that â€œif you are engaged, you absolutely, positively, MUST hire a wedding plannerâ€¦you’ll never survive without one!” BUT, it just wouldnâ€™t be true.Â I also wish I could say that the list below is the end-all be-all, definitive guide to determining if you need a wedding planner. But I canâ€™t. What I can do, is let you know that there are many reasons for hiring a wedding plannerâ€“itâ€™s a personal choice for each and every brideâ€”one that I believe in most cases helps brides and grooms to have a more enjoyable engagement, save time, reduce their stress, get exactly what they want (and sometimes much more) and can save them money!Â Here are just a few reasons why you may find yourself in need of a wedding planner for your Michigan wedding:
YOU MAY NEED A WEDDING PLANNER IFâ€¦
- Youâ€™re planning your wedding from out of state or out of town, or you’re unfamiliar with the area where you’re getting married
- You have a demanding job or hectic schedule
- You canâ€™t find the perfect venue
- You want to make the most of your budget
- You are so stressed you cannot enjoy the process of planning your wedding
- You donâ€™t know how to get started
- Youâ€™re planning your wedding in a short time-frame
- Youâ€™re struggling to define the look and feel of your wedding style
- You need a â€œgo-toâ€ person for your wedding day
- You are concerned that the planning process will cause family stressâ€¦or it already is…and you need a middle man
- Your wedding is being held at a non-traditional venue, such as in a barn, outdoors, or on the beach
- You want to make the most of your budget, big or small
- You want to plan an incredible event while staying stress free and enjoying your engagement!
If you feel like you could use some help, you donâ€™t have time to plan the wedding youâ€™re dreaming of, or that the planning process is overwhelming you, set up a consultation with a professional wedding planner in your area, or the area where youâ€™re holding your wedding.Â A professional planner will be more than happy to talk through your issues and concerns to determine if planning is right for you, and what level of assistance would be the best fit to ensure your day is fabulous, and you remain a stress-free, beautiful bride on your wedding day! Or, in some cases, they may be able to direct you to resourced that can help you in lieu of a planner. Truth be told, I have a handful of brides each year that come in for an initial consultation, and leave with the realization that they don’t need a planner. A professional planner will be honest with you about the services you need, and if, based on all considerations—budget, time frame, schedule—you need to hire a planner.
So if you’ve determined you need a wedding planner, the question you’re probably asking yourself is “How much is it going to cost?” and “How Do I Pick one?”…this week on the blog stay tuned as we tell you where you can find a planner, the different typesÂ of planners & options available, how to pick the right one, why it costs so much (and what to be aware of if it’s cheap) and more!