Using items that hold sentimental value in your wedding is a memorable way to enhance your theme. Your theme provides inspiration for all of your wedding decorations, reflects your personal style and creates the mood for your special day. If youâ€™re looking for ways to create a meaningful wedding day, think about these options:
- Consider choosing wedding attire worn by previous generations of women in your family. Perhaps your great-grandmotherâ€™s veil is tucked away in a closet, or your aunt makes broaches by hand. Ask family members for meaningful ideas.
- Take time to learn what certain colors and flowers mean and choose combinations that reflect your style.
- Ask a creative friend or family member to make small items, such as a flower girl basket or a ring bearer pillow. This adds a personal touch to your ceremony.
- Use photographs, memorable locations and significant dates as table numbers that tell your love story.
- Include figurines or other small decorative items that reflect your interests in centerpieces.
- Display pictures of your grandparents and other family members on their wedding days on your dessert table or gift table.
- If you and your fiancÃ©e share a mutual hobby (or want to bond over learning a new skill!), use it to make unique favors for your guests. Make apple butter or handmade chocolate candy as fun treats for your guests to take home.
Sentimental items will make your wedding unique and memorable. Be creative and ask people you love for their ideas â€“ they will enjoy helping you make your day special.
This post was written by jessica